Cornel Marculescu is the long-time Executive Director of FINA and a member of the FINA Bureau and FINA Board of Directors. He oversees pool swimming, diving, synchronized swimming, water polo, and open water swimming for FINA, the world's governing body of aquatics.
He received the 2001 Paragon Award from the International Swimming Hall of Fame and an Honour Contributor in the International Swimming Hall of Fame. He was a water polo player for Romania in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics and has taken part in every Olympic Summer Games since in various roles. He is ultimately responsible for all FINA water polo.
- Trends and Opportunities in Aquatics
- FINA official website
- Open Water Race Directors Do The Right Thing
- FINA Taking It To The Edge
- FINA Reaches Height of Ignorance
- FINA Taking It To The Edge - Part 2
- FINA Taking It To The Edge - Part 3
- Commentary of The 25K FINA World Championships
- FINA Formally Approves 31°C Rule
- FINA To Fix Maximum Water Temperature At 31°C
- Marathon Swimming